The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, September 15, 2006

.
What or When?


My mother continues to do well... other than the lung fluid issue. I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop and fear it will become something that will reverse her progress. Please hope and pray that is not what happens.

I am in an indecisive frame of mind. A large part of me is exhausted, and not thinking straight. But a small part of me is deciding how to structure my day tommorrow (Friday). Here are the things I must do:

1. Write THREE letters of recommendation for students and for an adjunct faculty member that is hoping for a permanent job at another university.

2. Pay all my mother's bills and mail them.

3. Write two exams for next week.

4. Write and submit two abstracts for a meeting I may attend (or more likely, will have students attend in my place).

5. Attend the long (2 plus hours) Department Meeting.

Then I have options:

1. I should attend a meeting that is scheduled for the afternoon, but is perhaps the most hideous committee I have ever been on. I dread each and every meeting of this group and have attened the last three. Perhaps I can beg off. If I do go, I will then go visit my mother in the very late afternoon to the mid-evening.

2. If I skip the dreaded committee meeting, I could go visit my mother in the early afternoon and by late afternoon do one of the following two things..... a) go visit my father-in-law for a relaxing late afternoon, or b) go get a haircut.

I do not know what I will do. And of course, at any moment, everything could change and go topsy-turvy so I really never have a firm plan.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home