The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

.
Oatmeal & Raisins

My mind is not overly ambitious tonight. I am sitting lazily here in my den, pipe in my mouth, glass of red wine next to my mouse. In the background, out of the corner of my eye I can see and hear little snippets of an episode of "Flip This House" on HGTV. The game I mentioned in my previous post was not well received by my wife (her side lost). I have thought often about the hanging death of Saddam Hussein. Again, please do not get me wrong. This man did atrocious things in his life. But, I do not feel a nation or a world can legitimately endorse capital punishment. It makes me sad to think about that sort of death. I did briefly watch some of the video of his actual hanging. It was such a harsh, cruel action. No human should submit another human to that sort of thing, ever.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home