The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, March 12, 2007

.
I Miss Her Greatly

Here are the words of one of the hymns I selected for my mother's funeral:

-----------------------------------------------

You Are Mine

I will come to you in the silence,
I will lift you from all your fear,
You will hear my voice, I claim you as my choice.
Be still and know I am here.

I am hope for all who are hopeless,
I am eyes for all who long to see,
In the shadows of the night, I will be your light.
Come and rest in me.

Refrain: Do not be afraid, I am with you.
I have called you each by name.
Come and follow me, I will bring you home.
I loved you and you are mine.

I am strength for all the despairing
Healing for the ones who dwell in shame
All the blind will see, the lame will all run free.
All will know my name.

I am the word that leads all to freedom,
I am the peace the world cannot give
I will call your name, embracing all your pain,
Stand up, now walk, and live!

written by David Haas

----------------------------------------------

There is a huge, empty hole in our home, and my heart feels hollow.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home