The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

.
Emergency Room

After three days of denying she was ill and being angry at me for asking about her condition, my mother finally decided that she needed to go to the hospital at 11:30pm last night.

I rushed her to the emergency room. She was edemic, had significant swelling in her legs and abdomen, she had significant pain in her abdomen and both shoulders. Upon arrival at the emergency room, she vomited.

The whole process continued with the usual difficulty in getting good blood draws, the pain that entailed for her, and the administration of pain medication which made her disoriented and confused.

My one sister acted disgruntled when I phoned her around 12:30am. Another sister did come to the ER to stay with me.

I left at 5:30am when I was assured that she was indeed going to be admitted to a room in the next hour or so.

I do not know what today will bring. All I do know is that I have a two hour lecture and a three hour laboratory session that I am ill prepared for and it is not a subject that is easily "wingable". I feel like crying. I feel like there is no hope for her. I also feel there is no hope for me.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home