The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 02, 2007

.
Different

I am a different person than I was one month ago. It has been one month since my beloved mother has passed away. She died on March 2, 2007, and that day shall always remain a time of sorrow. In the intervening month, I have basically returned to my typical day-to-day activities, but their hue, their value has changed considerably. I am not sure yet what it is I am becoming or have become since this change, but I do realize I am a very different person internally. I hope, that in my effort to honor my mother's life and memory, that who I am becoming will be a person who shows love more deeply, lives life more completely, and helps others more fully. I hope that as I evolve into the different person I am, that I will "do good" for her.

PipeTobacco

Thank You

To the many friends who took time out to comment to me as I expressed my grief over my mother's passing, I wish to thank you greatly. Your words, your thoughts have been helpful. Below, I list alphabetically those friends who have commented during roughly the last two weeks. Please give their sites (if they have them) a look. They are all good, kind people. If any of you who did not list a site have them, please write back so that I may enjoy some of your writings. Here is the most recent list:

Abbagirl
Adam - I wish you had a link I could post, and I would enjoy speaking with you, a fellow pipe smoker.
Austere
Ellesu
Gail - I wish you had a link I could post.
GaP
Laurent Grégoire
Jennifer
Kathleen - I wish you had a link to post.
Lisa
Melanie
Proxima
Shan - I wish you had a link I could post
Terroni
Weary Hag
Zirelda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home