The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, June 11, 2007

.
Thinking, Not Acting Yet

When I meet with my graduate class this Tuesday, I will have to have a good plan in mind on how to proceed, given the horrific accident that has occurred to one student. A literature critique, an examination, and a research paper are all scheduled to be due in the next three weeks (the class ends in three weeks). I suspect many students may be quite distraught, and so I must figure out a way to take the student's feelings into account while at the same time upholding the requirements for the course. I have many different options I could adopt, but I am not sure which is best for the students, for the pedagogy of the course, or for myself. I must decide, however, before class on Tuesday.

The student who has been in the accident will of course receive an "Incomplete" grade until she can (hopefully) complete the course.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home