The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

.
How It's Going

I am just about to start day 3 of my juice fast. I actually feel more alert and actually feel no hunger. I do have an urge to chew... and a significant desire to consume snacks, because it is such a part of my routine. I did accompany each of these first two days with a brisk five mile walk and even trained on some Nautalis machines at the University to keep and perhaps build muscle tone.

63Mago asks me in yesterday's comments section, "It seems to me an excercise of will. What do you want to prove?"

I find that a wonderfully intriguing comment. My initial response was that "Heck, I am not trying to prove *anything*. I am simply attempting to improve my energy and motivation."

However, that may not be the full truth. Perhaps a part of me is undergoing this juice fast to prove to myself that I *can* be in control of SOMETHING, although it is not particularly meaningful. With all the chaos around me of late, perhaps that is a factor as well.

So, I think I want to a) lose some weight, b) re-establish good notions about portions of food (which went out of kilter during the last year), c) prove to myself that I can control SOMETHING, d) "cleanse" my body by breaking the habit of eating... out of habit and regaining the sensation of when my body is hungry, and e) hopefully give me a better psychological/mental/emotional outlook on life.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Anonymous Robert Reeder said...

<$BlogBacklinkSnippet$> <$I18NPostedByBacklinkAuthor$> @ <$BlogBacklinkDateTime$>

Friday, 11 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home