The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

.
Aggrivating Students

I am in a sour mood because I had two students who were very argumentative and obnoxious with me following class. They wanted to sit around and "fish" for points on their physiology exam. Their rude and belligerent attitude really got my goat, and I had to bite my tongue several times to keep from laying into them and telling them what I really thought of their intellect, their attitude, and their value for society. I simply forced a grin upon my face as best as I could and let them yammer on with their behavior.

The problem is, given my nature, if I get riled up like that, I can very easily say pointed, harsh (yet truthful), and vehement (again, truthful) things that would be better not said to a student. So, I did the right thing, in biting my tongue, even though the blood loss was significant and the need for a bandage for my tongue is pronounced.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home