The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

.
Organization Leads to Happiness?

In an effort to pull myself out of the doldrums and the sadness I have been feeling acutely again, I decided yesterday to utilize a simple "To Do" list approach. The list will have items I wish to accomplish in the evening prior to bed and also the items I wish to accomplish in the work day the following morning. I have approximate time lines as well.

In last night and today's efforts I did succeed in following my list, I worked on a specific amount of organizing of files last night, and looked through a few texts I received via inter-library loan for photocopying. I also packed clothes so that I could awaken early and simply head off to exercise. That too went smoothly and I also accomplished all the office/lab work I had on my list and left the office only 10 minutes late after the "To Do" designated time for today of 3pm.

It felt good. It has not negated my sadness but it has tempered it so it was less of a focus for today. Now, technically because I have accomplished my goals for the day, I am free until my next "To Do" list kicks in late this evening at roughly 11pm.

Hopefully this will become a habit and will prove helpful for me.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home