The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, July 13, 2007

.
Lethargy, but Fighting Against It

I am feeling quite lethargic today. I do not have much focus to accomplish anything, nor do I have any strong desire to play "hooky" and go off and do anything exciting. I did manage to force myself to exercise, so I am happy with that.

Yesterday, my wife purchased for me a surprise gift. In the bag was a heavy black t-shirt (with a pocket) and a motorcycle bandana similar in shape to this one but black with yellow flames. I laughed and was delighted!

So, what did we do? Well, I changed out of my clothes from work at the lab, and put on an old pair of jeans, the black t-shirt, and the bandana, and my wife and I went to an afternoon film. It was funny observing people's reactions to me. I attempted to adopt a slightly more brusque demeanor as well. For the most part, people did not respond much differently, but I *felt* different and it was very enjoyable.

What movie did we see? "Wild Hogs" of course. The movie was rather silly, but fun and enjoyable. We both laughed greatly.

I am not sure what we will be doing this weekend. My wife has a family reunion on Sunday, so we shall be attending that. But, otherwise the weekend is rather open.

* * * * *

Today also is sadly the 19th week anniversary of the passing of my beloved mother. Here are the things I have been thinking about concerning her lately:

"Mom, you know how I miss you. You do realize how truly I wanted to make things right and ok for you. I know that I failed, but it was not for lack of trying. We all miss you enormously and I still hope for you to speak to me now in a way that I will *know* is from you."

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home