The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

.
Short & Bittersweet

Today has not been the most pleasant of days.

1. An argument ensued between my wife and I because I became frustrated at her giving me "attitude" about a few things the last day or so. I tried to let things slide and tried to be supportive, but the third time "attitude" happened, I became angry. This resulted in roughly an hour being taken up in terms of first being mad, and then with agonizingly slow response, a gradual "meeting of the minds". Issues were resolved, but the cost in emotional and physical energy was enormous.

2. I butted my head up against another of the myriad of assinine rules that my University has for the spending of money. I very simply wanted to order some supplies for my lab to help get ready for the next big push in the Fall. Idiot me, I did not realize this damnable University has set an assinine policy where the credit card our laboratory technician uses has a monthly maximum that can be spent. This is not determined by the ACCOUNT the funds are coming from... it is just an OVERALL limit. Because of this b*llsh*t, my $200 order must wait until the first of August before it can be ordered because all of the other accounts by the various other people in the Department already hit the $6000 limit. Stupid, damable, arbitrary, b*llsh*t nonsense that does absolutely nothing but impede work and progress and give some son-of-a-b*tch*ng assinine administrator an inflated ego and sense of purpose for doing absolutely nothing of any merit whatsoever.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home