The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, July 30, 2007

.
Weekend Roundup

I am a bit surprised my medical care essay generated no comments. I wonder if Blogger is not working well?

This weekend was fairly good overall. My wife and I and the kids spent a good deal of time together. My wife made a wonderful split pea soup for dinner and we went to Saturday Mass.

Sunday, I finally was able to gather the courage to clean my beloved mother's bathroom and pack away her belongings in the bathroom. Amidst a great many tears, I was able to put the clothes she left in there, her perfumes, and her various other items into two boxes and moved them to the storage room in our basement. I also spent an enormous amount of time pouring out her many, many medications (and past medications that the doctor had removed her from. I had perhaps a half gallon container filled with these pills when I finished. I have sealed them, and am investigating the best way to safely dispose of them. Flushing them down the sewer is very harsh on the environment, and yet there are not many (at least that I know of) facilities that will handle their disposal properly. I hope to figure it out in the next day or so.

Sunday ended with a dinner entitled "Chicken Marsalas" and then we took a brief swim and watched some television.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home