The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

.
My Poverty

I feel as if I am in a form of mental poverty. Perhaps more aptly, I am in emotional and/or spiritual poverty. I feel even keel pretty much when I keep myself busy with task upon task. When I do not have a task to do, or an item to accomplish, I feel empty, void. It probably is just an aspect of riding the new wave of sorrow I have had for the last week or so.

I am not sure what option I should pursue. Obviously, the extremes are unlikely to bear fruit. Yet, even the middle ground seems tepid and destined for low yield. Likely, I will simply try to ride out the wave until it dissipates. It seems a wholly weak and "mamby-pamby" manner of dealing with an issue, but it also requires less of the very scant energy I have.

If (and hopefully when) I pass through this latest wave, I will have a reprieve for a spell and can wring out some enjoyment once again.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home