The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

.
Desiring A Quiet Day

Not much to say or write about today. I am simply working on the myriad of tasks I need to accomplish. My goal is to have a peaceful, comfortable, quiet day. We shall see if it transpires.

Listening to music is one of my favorite experiences in the back lab. There I can sit quietly away from all the hustle and bustle. I can turn off the phone ringer, and simply write or work with my animals in peace. When I get the chance to "hide" back there, I always take a thermos of good, strong coffee and a full pouch of pipe tobacco. I have a pint of whiskey tucked in the desk drawer as well, and sometimes I will brighten up my coffee with a shot or two. However, today, was not a day for whiskey, instead I listened to a wonderful series of CDs including this one. I had forgotten I had a copy of that CD in my desk. The slightly more eclectic mix of instrumentation (primairily guitar, clarinet, and bass clarinet) befit my mood better and helped me to find an inner quiet and concentration as I worked with my beasts and wrote for a grant submission.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home