The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

.
Pondering and Pummeling

It is rare that I find quotes I truly like from political leaders. However, the following did catch my eye:

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired
signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are
not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is
not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers,
the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a
way of life at all in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening
war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.

— President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Please do not simply glance over the above. It is so utterly true and important for us to heed, even at this late date.

Today, as in the last few, I have kept busy as hell to keep me from feeling sad. I did take one brief foray into non-task oriented thought and meandered around my favorite bookstore (on the Internet, anyhow), Amazon.com. I stumbled across an album that brought back so many memories of happier times in my younger days. Let us see if anyone can guess the song.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home