The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, September 24, 2007

.
Getting Back On the Horse Again

I must be sounding like an old, broken record (Special note to my younger readers: the record is a music storage device that was popular prior to the MP3 player, prior to the compact disk, prior to the cassette tape, and prior to the 8-track tape). I have decided to once again step up my energy... to pull myself up by my bootstraps... and work harder, longer, and more strenuously to force myself into a better frame of mind. My game plan:

1. Get up earlier to exercise more vigorously... more walking, perhaps weight training.
2. Get to work earlier, and dawdle less... and get my nose to the grindstone immediately in pursuit of research and new knowledge.
3. Get more work done in a shorter amount of time... so I can leave work earlier in the mid-afternoon to volunteer at the soup-kitchen or other service agencies until I leave to head home.
4. Be more vigorous in my time with the family in the evening.
5. Be more focused in my work efforts in the late evening so as to accomplish more.

To work harder, to give more, to hope for less, and to have less time to contemplate (other than the next task I can accomplish).... this seems to be the only recipe for allowing me to feel content and at peace. Avoid deep thought, avoid open-ended contemplation, avoid meandering thought.

It works, if I do it. But what am I doing? B*llsh*t!!!! That last question is contemplation.... I refuse to do that anymore.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home