The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, February 29, 2008

.
One Year Later

Today marks the completion of 52 weeks since my beautiful mother passed away.

52 weeks ago today, she lived until a massive, unanticipated ventricular heart attack took her away from me at 6:51am. She was in the hospital for what we were thinking was a minor adjustment of her medications.

I had gone home the night before (around 9pm) thinking things were fine. Unfortunately, I never saw her alive again. I was awoken from a deep sleep at roughly 7am to come to the hospital immediately.

I so miss her beautiful smile and her gentle eyes. I so miss hearing her talk with me. I so miss our ritual of eating out together on Thursdays. I simply, unbearably, and sadly, just MISS HER.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home