The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, February 25, 2008

.
Seething

I have spent the weekend alternating between seething and crying my heart out at what I anticipate the Department will do. There are still several days yet before anything will be discussed and there is one additional candidate to be interviewed.

I am so very, very angry and emotionally raw at what I believe the Department will do. I am a very good reader of situations, and so in most instances my predictions in these types of situations are correct.

I WILL NOT be marginalized.

I WILL NOT become a bastard and stomp my feet to get my way by seniority.

If the Department slaps me in the face with their b*llsh*t decision, I will never forgive them and will:

Search for a new teaching job

Search for a job in administration at my University

Search for some other job.

I WILL NOT BE MARGINALIZED. This week is likely to be sheer hell. I need this sort of crap like I need another hole in my head.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home