The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

.
Stop My Mind

The thoughts of death and the inevitableness are in full force again today. It has been such a chore to try to avoid them, these thoughts creep in at any moment in which I relax. I can sit at a park, or I can watch television, and without warning the feeling of the inevitability of our demise and our death is what my mind turns to.

Oh how I wish I could be oblivious to this horror. I wish that I could simply live and enjoy and be happy. I strive each day for new ways to attempt to keep those thoughts at bay and away from my consciousness. Perhaps I will again decide to give up my pipes and perhaps my coffee as well. Perhaps a more monastic style of living would suit me?

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home