The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, July 28, 2008

.
Pumpkin Pie

Tonight, as a snack, I opened a can of raw pumpkin, added about two teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice, and three teaspoons of brown sugar. I often do this for a relatively healthy snack that is non-fat, and relatively low in calories.

The healthy treat reminded me of the many times I ate my mother's wonderful pumpkin pie and it left me feeling melancholy. My mother absolutely loved pumpkin pie, and I had it very frequently growing up and when my mom moved in with us, she would often surprise us with a freshly made pie when we arrived home.

I miss her. I hope she can see me and hear me and know that I am thinking of her and love her greatly.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home