The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

.
Changes

Out with the old. Perhaps I should not say it that way, for I am old too. But for lack of a better phrase... what you see is the "new" and "improved" Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor. I hope that you like the changes. They include:

1. New colors - this new color scheme seems suitable for me at this time. The colors seem more subdued and tranquil. Some of you may read into this new scheme the colors of bruises and battered flesh (black, blues, purples, and browns) and may presume this befits the battered state of my mind. I do not know if that association with the colors is valid or not, but from my eye at the moment, they seem appropriate.

2. Updated blog links - I extracted some sites that were no longer valid, repaired some links to sites that changed names, removed sites no longer of interest, and added some new links to very good sites.

3. Updated and expanded photographic blog links - this section is perhaps the most valuable of all spots on my blog. I have removed sites of low interest, added a plethora of new sites and fixed links where they had changed. In terms of my new philosophy of how to live, the photoblogs will become for me a sanctuary, a refuge... akin to a museum of fine art. But this is more accessible for me. The sites I list all have what I consider to be true artistic beauty. While I am not a photographer or artist, I do appreciate and value the artistic ability to see the world. For me, I shall use these links to try to continue to see beauty in the world.

4. Added a few science blogs that I find interesting. Although work may be of only minor importance anymore, I still find these sites interesting.

So, it is with all I can muster, that I present to you my minor (albeit significant for me) changes that help my blog world to evolve.

Please consider commenting on these changes or any other topic of interest.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, 17 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home