The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 18, 2008

.
Struggle & Effort

The weekend was not to my liking... lots of saddness and a great deal of strife. It has me exhausted. It has me sad. Yesterday was the birthday of a childhood friend who I have grown distant from. This fellow was actually the best man at my wedding. I have tried to keep in contact, but it does not seem to be something he desires.

What to do with myself? I do not know of anything else to do about my saddness other than try again, for the seven billionth time to pull myself up by my bootstraps and force myself to feel better. I shall again try to do this through:

1. Extensive exercise in the morning.
2. Hard work during the day.... with a strong effort to isolate myself from others in the Department as all they end up doing is frustrating me and bleeding away the limited amount of time I have.
3. If I can get the work done I would like to accomplish, I would like to try to leave the U early and do something to feel good about working at home.

If I can do this tomorrow, perhaps I can chase the saddness away.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home