The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 11, 2008

.
Quite a Weekend

All myriad of things happened this weekend. I received an invitation to go to a baseball game, and went. The participants on this journey included my brother-in-law, and my elderly father-in-law. My brother-in-law drove, but because it was a roomier truck, we used my father-in-laws vehicle. My brother-in-law parked his truck at my house.

Well, the evening went well, and I returned home with adequately beery breath. I was walking up the driveway when my brother-in-law let out a holler... his truck was dented very badly on the passenger side. At first, he thought it happened while parked in front of our house. But quickly it became apparent, it had not... there were no debris anywhere suggesting the accident, and his passenger mirror was missing... and not a single scrap of plastic or debris anywhere. My wife and I believe it must have happened when he was somewhere else earlier in the day.

Sunday was the anniversary of our wedding, and my wife and I went to an Uno's Pizzeria, and went to a movie. The best of a bad lot of films we had to select from was "Journey to the Center of the Earth" which was in a new style of 3-D. It was enjoyable, and the special effects brought to life via 3-D were quite fun... and much better than earlier 3-D attempts.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home