The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, September 22, 2008

.
Weekend Whilrwind

This past weekend has been basically a blur from start to finish (and no, I have not overindulged in enjoyable, adult spirits to obtain the blur (grin)). The weekend was, however, filled with an enormous amount of activity:

1. Friday was National Talk Like a Pirate Day, and as I feel a certain kinship with at least the pirate "look" if not the mentality, I have tried to play the part to the hilt. I actually felt a bit creative, and wrote a silly short story (actually more like a ancedote) relating my pirate character to the current mind-numbing events in financial circles. If there is any interest, I can likely post it here for your (tepid) amusement.

2. Additionally, I had a plethora of meetings on Friday (Department, Human Subjects Committee, Cirriculum Committee) that weighed down my spirit.

3. Friday evening I was "brought along" to shop with my wife.

4. Saturday began with me traveling roughly 2.5 hours away to another university to chair an Executive Committee Meeting and a Council Meeting for our regional academic subjects academy.

5. With the day mostly spent by the time I arrived home, I busied myself to cut the lawn and carry out several other much neglected yard activities.

6. Sunday revolved around attending Mass. Although our usual time and location for Mass was altered because of a Celtic Musical Group that was playing at a Mass in a Parrish a few miles further away and later in the day. We went as a family to offer support to this group. Afterwords, the musicians held an outdoor concert of a wider array of Celtic pieces on the Parrish grounds. It was quite nice.

7. Upon our return, we began a massive, quick general cleanup of the home as it was not gotten to on Saturday, our normal cleaning day.

8. Sunday further continued with bowling with my wife and inlaws (I am terrible at the game).

9. We did not arrive home and have dinner (Sage & Parmesean Chicken, Alfredo Pasta with mixed vegetables, and a very large salad) until 8:30pm.

10. Then... to aggrivate the hell out of me, I had an enormous and unexpected bout with insomnia Sunday night and know I was awake at least until 4:00am.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home