The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

.
Life in A Tornado

It has been a tornado of emotions and activities here. Since last Wednesday:

1. Two good days (Wed. & Thurs.) of normal activity accelerated into hyperdrive.

2. A visit to my father-in-law for fun and adventure on Friday.

3. A day of additional extreme activity and busy times on Saturday.

4. On Sunday, a full-blown melt-down. Feelings of failure, self-loathing, worthlessness, and horrid nightmares. I stayed in bed until about 3pm before I forced myself out of bed. I had no focus, no ability to do anything. It started with a disagreement with my wife.

5. Monday was a mixed bag.... still feelings of great failure and shame, extremely anxious because of a damn research lecture I had to give on Tuesday, but had not even started working on. A concert that a challenge because for some unknown reason, at the venue, the conductor seated us enantiomerically from how we typically are seated.

6. Tuesday has been a return to simply extreme levels of work, including the giving of the damnable infernal research lecture. The lecture itself went well, and I was able to captivate relatively well the crowd of about 150 students, faculty and staff. I had nice research data to present, but had grave difficulty until earlier this morning, finding the right "hook" on how to tie it all together in a consumable manner for the audience.

So, that is a rundown of my life these past several days. Hopefully the Sunday emotions are on their way out even further, and I can get back to where I want to be.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home