The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

.
Vampires Everywhere

I have to do something different. I must. I always forget that this time of the semester is filled with danger. Danger in the form of every moment of my time and of my being is at risk of being consumed in its entirety by the roaming masses of students and the lurking inept administrative types that seek to suck the life blood out of me by inundating me with cries and pleas for help. From the students it is usually along the lines of ".... help me!!!! I am an "A" student, and have never had gotten such horrible scores before. It is unfair, do you have extra credit?..." From the administrators it is "... help me!!!! You need to show me how to do this task that I should know how to do, but by asking you to "help me" I will get it done more quickly with less effort on my part and improve my own day... with no regards to your own time line or schedule...."

I am vowing to find a way to avoid these vampires of my own time and of my own success. Yet, it is a daunting task. I must AVOID my office at all costs at least after lunch. I will fund a hidden area to squirrel away so I can write, and think, and grow, and develop MYSELF. With the vampires lurking, I cannot write, I cannot conduct research, I cannot do a damn thing. So, I MUST hide.

I will come to my office only for my office hours before I head to class. After lunch, I will hide away elsewhere until I plan to leave for the day. Then I will return to my office for only a moment to collect my coat and hat.

I cannot risk having any more of the life blood be sucked out of me. My soul will not survive.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home