The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, January 02, 2009

.
Cockroaches

I am utterly exhausted, so today's essay will be brief. I spent the day traveling several hours to a distant city to help my wife's mentally and physically disabled aunt move up to this region. Unfortunately, where she had been living was in a very low-income tennament that was filled to the brim with insect infestations, especially of cockroaches... literally thousands of them.

We emptied and packed her apartment and made it home, but the mental toll was great due to the worry about bringing back some of those horrid insects back. I changed clothes and shoes in a public restroom after getting out of her apartment and sealed the clothes in a garbage bag. Then at home, I stripped in the garage completely from the second set of clothes and shoes (which also were bagged)and left both bags outside in the sub freezing temperatures to hopefully kill any of the pests. I then went into the house, naked, and showered completely 5 times before coming out.

In the morning, I will take the frozen clothes and shoes and take them to a laundramat and wash them in the hottest water, soap, and bleach the machine will allow and dry them at the highest temperatures the dryers offer.

The highlight of the day was after showing all those many times, I came out and enjoyed my first pipe of the day. It was truly special.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home