The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, March 13, 2009

.
Beauty And Art

The linked image is of the Shannon Domed Calabash Pipe that I have had my eye on for some time. It is about $75.00 and I am debating the value of purchasing said beast.

To me, the above pipe is akin to a fine sculpture, a thing of beauty and grace. Additionally, it is something that is wholly functional as well. Do you see the beautiful grain in the briar bowl? The curve of the stem?

While I do salivate over this beauty, I am likely NOT going to purchase said. I have plenty of pipes, and really could not easily justify such a purchase, for in reality, my money would be better spent in other avenues such as a donation to a soup kitchen or something similar.

But, I can still think about it and admire its beauty and charms from afar.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home