The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

.

Money and "Honey-Do Lists"

I was very surprised and happy to learn that I *did* win the grant I applied for. I now have roughly $10,000 to play with in my newest research idea. I will be getting materials ordered in the next several days as the expenditure time and work time for this grant is very short (must be completed by September 1st.

I am still in the midst of home renovations. I am painting rooms like a crazy person. I will be glad when I am finished painting and can enjoy the new spaces. But I am very tired of "blue tape" issues. "Blue Tape" is a form of masking tape that is *in theory* supposed to enhance the painting process by allowing one to form clean paint lines and to allow easy removal of tape at the conclusion. Well, unfortunately, the "easy removal" part is not quite as easy as I would like. But, oh well, if I screw up my patience and courage I will eventually be able to get it all done with only limited cursing and frustration.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home