The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

.
Happy 345 Day!

As a person who is very comforted, intrigued, and drawn to patterns, symmetry, and shapes, I was quite happy to realize that today is a definite "pattern" day in my effort to maintain my exercise regime. Today is the 345th day of my walking/jogging each day for 4-5 miles.

The pattern 3-4-5 is comforting and mentally attractive to me. I am not sure how many of you feel similarly about numbers, colors, shapes, etc. But, as odd as it may sound in my writing it here, I have definite opinions/preferences about numbers, colors, and letters. Here is a sample:

Esthetically pleasing numbers (seen in Arial, Times Roman, or Schoolbook Font):

0 - the oval shape is artistic in appearance
3 - the shape and the image of three is attractive
4 - the shape is beautiful
6 - the rounded shapes such as this are "elegant" to my mind
9 - similar to the "6" above

Neutral numbers to me include:

1 - bland
5 - not particularly inspiring
7 - too common as a "preferred" number

Numbers I typically "dislike" (sounds a bit harsh, but I mean esthetically, I find them unattractive:

2 - not sure why, but to me it is a disappointing appearing shape
8 - while at first glance, you may think I would like the double rounded shape, but in my mind the number feels "over the top" or too "aggressive"

If you find this sort of topic interesting, perhaps I will continue with it for my opinions of colors, shapes, letters and other items.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home