The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

.
Does Exercise Make A Person Less Contemplative?

One thing that I have noticed of late is that I am LESS contemplative than I had been during most of my life. Please do not get me wrong... I still contemplate and ponder pretty much anything under the sun for a good part of the day. But, and I am not sure if this is a good or a bad thing... I *think* there may be a correlation between my consistency in exercise and my amount of contemplation.

It is as if my walking (which is accomplished solo at least 98% of the time) has somehow altered the amount of time in which I spend "in my head" so to speak. This has probably been very good at decreasing the percentage of the time in which I feel moody/depressed, but perhaps it may have decreased my creativity as well?

An interesting idea, I will have to contemplate further... or maybe I will just go for a walk.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home