The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

.
I Hurt Someone's Feelings

I am writing this blog post because I have hurt someone's feelings in a very significant way. At this point I wish to keep the details ambiguous because the person I hurt has not said whether he/she would want me to give a detailed apology.

What I did, is repeatedly do something to this person that I did not realize would casue him/her stress and hurt. What I did was not a good thing to do, but I did not realize it would cause so many problems. For these actions, I am truly sorry, and I sincerely apologize to that individual.

Unfortunately, before I knew I was hurting this individual, I also did something more. This additional action I took was meant to show that *I* had felt hurt by this individual, but it backfired in that it hurt the person further. My action was meant to show to the person, in a sarcastic manner, that I felt hurt. My action did not succeed in doing this, but instead was only hurtful to the person.

I am not proud of my actions. On the contrary, I am ashamed that I did these things. My initial actions were not done to purposefully hurt this individual, but that is not an excuse. They did hurt this individual, and I regret having done them. I also regret the "sarcastic" action I took as well. It was not appropriate, and again, I am sorry.

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

My first thought when I read this entry was I can't imagine you ever purposefully hurting someone....................my second thought was I bet he's talking about another blogger who, in my opinion, has spent his life perfecting the art of manipulating people to get what he wants for nothing.

My 3rd thought was I should shut up because I don't have a clue what happened.......so now I'll shut up!

Sunday, 12 September, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

So you hurt someones feelings, big fucking deal, maybe it's them and not you so get the fuck over it.

Maybe you don't need them for a friend, just how much time do you have for friends anyway?

We lose friends all the time, there's always new ones in the future, we're always moving forward, not much point in getting worked up about what is behind us.

Sunday, 12 September, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

Hey, it's just a bunch of fucked up monkeys, don't get too worked up about it.

Sunday, 12 September, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anger issues bbd

Monday, 13 September, 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you lose friends all the time, BBC?

Shocker.

Monday, 13 September, 2010  
Blogger BBC said...

you lose friends all the time, BBC? Shocker.

Did you miss the point that I also pick up new ones all the time?

Monday, 13 September, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home