The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

.
Efficiency Matters



I am getting myself back into a routine, where the focus is on efficiency. I want to maximize the time I spend in my work day to get things off my plate that tend to add to my stress. I am also beginning to read the book, "Adrenal Fatigue" out of a mixture of curiosity and perhaps to gain potential insight. I am not sure if I "buy into" anything/everything in the book, so I am currently just scanning it for interest.

I keep thinking that if I handle the required work in my life with as much efficiency and dogged determination as I can while I am at work, I can then more easily "let go" of the stresses of work when I am NOT working. I can then be a better, stronger, happier, and more "present" husband, father, and family member.

Yes, it may be another in the series of "pull myself up by my bootstraps" approach to life, but it is what I know, and I am keeping my hopes up that it may help. I have also gone back (roughly 3 weeks now) to praying the rosary every day. I do so during my walk.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger MRMacrum said...

Sounds like you have a handle on a good approach. Absorb the current notions of what causes us to be unhappy, but look to your own solutions to try to overcome. I think we have become entirely too dependent on outsiders to define and then resolve what is wrong inside our souls.

If religion has been a major go to support over the years, then do not turn your back on it. If it worked before, chances are it will again.

All of us need to find our own tools to smooth out the rough edges.

Tuesday, 12 October, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home