The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

.
Super Supper Bowl



With all this relaxation I have been up to, I have (fortunately/unfortunately) been able to contemplate beyond what I have allowed myself to do recently. As today it is appropriate for all human males in the US to salivate and clamor to watch the "Super Bowl", I thought perhaps I would think about why I do not watch, nor do I care about any aspect of the Super Bowl:

1. It may be wholly un-American of me, but I truthfully cannot stand watching football. Be it high school, college, or professional... the idea of forcing myself to sit in front of a television for that length of time to watch a football game makes me think gnawing my foot off to get out of a bear trap would be more enjoyable.

2. I have attended a handful of football games in person, and while I would not purposefully choose to go (typically, I have been cajoled into going), with enough beer or other spirits, I can typically go through the motions and look as if I am "participating" in "watching" the big game.

3. A big aspect of what I truly dislike about football (probably MORE SO on television, than even in person) is the crowd noise. Not so much in person... it is the noise on television that really riles me up. I do not know why, but I have always been a bit noise sensitive... and those types of sounds or noises are the type that I am *especially* sensitive to.

4. Noise does not explain completely why I dislike football... for the noise does not bother me if I am "live" at a football game, and as some have suggested to me before... I dislike football even if I turn the sound off on the damn television as well.

So, while all of you are watching whichever team beat the sh*t out of the other whichever team, I will be doing something else, anything else.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger muddleglum said...

You're one up on me Professor!

I didn't even know the Super Bowl was played Sunday. I thought it was played in January.

Monday, 07 February, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Fuck football, it's for you monkeys and your distraction.

Monday, 07 February, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home