The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

.
Snow's A Coming!



All the data is suggesting we are going to get a helluva lot of snow in the next 48 hours. It may be up to 18 inches some reports say. I may get a Snow Day or two. That would be pleasant as long as the electricity stays on, so I am keeping my fingers crossed on both counts.

If I get the day off, I will be able to likely squeeze in the time to get my damn modem issues fixed at home so I can post from home successfully. It has been hard the last few weeks especially, because I have been too damn busy at work.

That is the reason for the large upload.... all these posts had been accumulating at home. My apologies for their brevity... I did not feel much like being verbose when I could not immediately post the essay. So, each one tended to be short.

But, I think I am at a crossroads so to speak... I may have the Internet/modem issue fixed in the next few days, AND best of all, I think work may slow down a bit too!

It will feel like I am living in a party.

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger muddleglum said...

And did you notice that you posted a "beauty after the storm" type picture? Thank you!

blessings,

Tuesday, 01 February, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Well friend, as for the posts below, just put the little lady in her place, stand up and be a man.

Yup, I see that there is a big storm out there so I'm assuming that you have backup heat and lights.

Yesterday I figured out how to make a pretty decent LED light fixture for only 15 bucks and some scrap wires that will work for days (maybe weeks) on any 12 volt battery and there are millions of such batteries around.

I'll do a post on it, everyone should have one in case the grid goes down for a while and that's always happening in parts of this country.

Still pretty much just a so so winter here, fair amount of sun and in the 40's today.

Tuesday, 01 February, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Hey, sometimes it's just better to take your computer to a computer monkey and let them fix it fast and pay them the hundred bucks. Just saying.

Tuesday, 01 February, 2011  
Anonymous Mark said...

whatever you said Pap! lol well as long as your happy on what your doing then go. Just keep yourself safe from the storm and pray

Wednesday, 02 February, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Mark, pray to whom?

Wednesday, 02 February, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

An intelligent professor would take his fucking computer to a computer monkey and get it fixed fast instead of wasting his time fucking around with it himself.

Or at least have one of his geek students fix it. You can't be everything you know, there isn't enough time to be everything and your brain isn't big enough.

Sunday, 06 February, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home