The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 31, 2011

.
Furious, But Letting Go

Little Miss Rude came to my office today to tell me that she wanted me to change my report and excise my explanations on where she was wrong and mistaken. We had a fairly heated exchange at that point (me feeling extremely angry inside, but I forced myself to act calm on the outside.... she was acting angry, rude, and impolite).

I "compromised" with her and took out my comments and explanations about her errors WITHIN the sections specifically about her work, and rewrote them as a general set of statements that I placed in an earlier part of the document just ahead of her work.

I just do not know why one person can be so rude. Not giving me data I needed and have had back in November. Waiting to give it to me until damn near the very last possible moment (during a weekend). Having the data be terribly wrong and problematic so I have to explain it. THEN, after all her other b*llsh*t with this, she then comes in and complains about the way I styled the report! She is a piece of work indeed.

But, and this is the important part... I maintained my INTEGRITY and did the report the right way. Although I moved my statements to a slightly different location, the new location may actually have more impact, and it still clearly explains how her data have problems associated with them. I went home today feeling VERY GOOD.... I faced a rude, angry person.... did not get all fire-and-brimstone back at her (I maintained most of my "cool" with her.). So, I am happy, and have been able to enjoy the evening thus far.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

That's good for you and your blood pressure.

Tuesday, 01 February, 2011  
Blogger Dirk said...

Been dealing with a similar situation and I also took the high road. Feels pretty good, doesn't it?

Friday, 04 February, 2011  
Anonymous Mae said...

me too. I almost collapsed!lol

Monday, 07 February, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home