The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, December 15, 2011

.
Food Cravings




It is rather unusual for me to get what I consider to be "food cravings." Do not get me wrong, I relish food and look forward to every meal with gusto. In the process of losing the 100 pounds (~45 kg)that I have lost, I actually find greater enjoyment and deeper pleasure in the foods I eat than I did when I was heavier.

Today, however, I am experiencing a food craving. Perhaps "craving" isn't the right word either, though. I have been thinking about pizza ever since I smelled a particularly good smelling pizza pie baking in the U cafeteria as I walked to class.

["Now, hold it right there, Bub!" I can hear you muttering, "It is only about 9am where you are at."

"You are correct!" I would say with a wide, furry-faced grin of bemusement.

"Who the hell eats pizza, hot out of the oven, at 8 o'clock in the morning?!?" you sputter.

"A large contingent of college students." I would say, laughing. "Our U tried an experiment to see if pizzas made that early in the morning would sell, and sure enough, the traditional pizza has become a very popular breakfast item."

"Hmm." you ponder as you do not know how to respond.

"All of us know that for generations, people have eaten COLD pizza for breakfast. So, why not hot pizza as well?" ]


So, suffice it to say, I have had pizza on the mind this morning. I was specifically, though, thinking about my favorite toppings. Hell, I like damn near all of them, so here is a listing of my favorites and then a smaller list of items I am not fond of on pizza:

The "Best of the Best":

Italian Sausage
Green Olives
Green Peppers
Pineapple
Black Olives
Mushrooms

"Very Good" Items:

Onions
Tomato Slices (fresh or sun-dried)
Jalapenos
Banana Peppers
Leaf Oregano
Leaf Basil
Double Cheese


Acceptable Items:

Pepperoni
Anchovies
Feta Cheese
Broccoli
Carrots
Raisins

Items I Dislike on Pizza:

Ground Beef
Ham

* * * * *

I really do not want to eat a slice of pizza at the moment, but the smell from the U Cafeteria as I walked by earlier, sure did send a flood of pleasant thoughts through my mind about pizza.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

You should have gotten a slice on the spot, that's when you would have most enjoyed it.

West Side Pizza here sells two big slices and a can of pop for four bucks.

I bring the can of root beer home and make us root beer floats.

Thursday, 15 December, 2011  
Blogger austere said...

Why didn't you take a slice?

But this morn I saw at the delhi airport ppl having pizza at 5.30 AM and I kid you not.

Thin crust or thicker base pizza?

Saturday, 17 December, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think during finals students will eat anything, cause there is no time. Pass me last nights popcorn, has been a breakfast here too many times.

Saturday, 17 December, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home