The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

.
What To Do?



I am still thinking about making a full blown effort to give up my pipe. Part of me thinks I should. Part of me resists. I am trying to figure out how to either a) get 100% on board with refraining or b) fully dispel the notion that I should quit from my mind. The "in-the-middle" state is frustrating.

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I think about quitting everyday, but thinking and doing are two different things.

Saturday, 17 December, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

I think I'll quit when it kills me, that should do it.

Saturday, 17 December, 2011  
Blogger MRMacrum said...

Let me know when you figure it out. I could use a few hints myself.

Saturday, 17 December, 2011  
Blogger This Brokedown Life said...

When I used to work out at the Boston University gym (in the 80's) AND smoke, I saw this poster on the gym wall among the workout equipment -- it said something like, "The single greatest thing you can do for your health and fitness is quit smoking..." I wish I could remember the exact text. It helped motivate me. I decided one thing had to go, either the smoking or the physical fitness activity. I chose to quit smoking, stopped cold turkey (tough, but I lived through it) and never have touched tobacco again. I wish the same for you. You won't believe the change in you.

Saturday, 17 December, 2011  
Blogger Jarkatana said...

Just discovered your blog. Really enjoyed reading about your marking. I am a prof as well, and spent all day Saturday marking finals. Nice to know someone else is struggling along with the same issues. I give my students applied essay questions, which I have to mark myself...all 180 of them. Most of my colleagues give multiple choice, computer scanned exams. I believe we learn through THINKING and application. But I still don't know exactly why I put myself through this, when we all get paid the same? Going to read some of your previous articles now. Looks good.

Monday, 19 December, 2011  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love to read and appreciate your work.
ever smoke cigarette

Monday, 27 August, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home