The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, December 18, 2011

.
Song About Psalm 174



There is a song we sing at mass frequently that has remained in my mind since yesterday as I was listening to it on a CD I have of the mass parts. I was driving around in my truck doing various errands. Amongst them, I went to a couple of stores to pick up a few items (bagels, flowers for my wife, some cheese, olives, pipe tobacco). The song version was far more moving than the writing of the words, but here they are:

I will praise your name, my King and my God.

1. I will give you glory, my God and King, and I will bless your name forever.
Every day I will bless and praise your name forever.

2. The Lord is full of grace and mercy. He is kind and slow to anger.
He is good in all His works and full of compassion.

3. Let all your works give you thanks, O Lord, and let all the faithful bless you.
Let them speak of your might, O Lord, the glory of your kingdom.

4. The Lord is faithful in all His words, and always near. His name is holy.
He lifts up all those who fall. He raises up the lowly.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger H@rry said...

Psalm 174? My bible stops at 150. Pardon me if I'm so ignorant, but does the Catholic bible have more verses?

Sunday, 18 December, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Fuck songs like that...

You're an educated man and a professor, how can you still be stupid enough to think that you have a daddy out there that loves you?

Sunday, 18 December, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

Catholic's, no wonder you are so fucked up.

Sunday, 18 December, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home