The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Robot



Not too much to report at the moment, as I am simply being a "robot" of sorts.... because of a brief, but massive teaching load for a spring short course I am teaching.  I am simply plugging away at it, in order to "get it done" so-to-speak. 

Things are going adequately, and I feel adequate as well.  I am looking forward to the start of the Memorial Day holiday and a few days of open-ended time. 

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

How does a useful workload teaching others make you feel like a robot? Sounds like worthy work to me.

Thursday, 24 May, 2012  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Billy:

I did not mean that teaching made me *feel* like a robot. What I was trying to say is that I was viewing my day such that I wanted to work "robotically" which in the way I meant it was to say that I was just plugging away, doing what I was supposed to do, trying to squeeze in as many tasks as I could into the the time I was at work. I actually had a very good day yesterday with this approach. I ended up not only feeling great after teaching (I usually feel quite energized and generally content after lecturing), but the better part (the "robotic" part) was that I also was able to get a helluva lot of paperwork things off my desk too.... a) a final report for the government about a grant I had that is now finished, b) a slew (7) of recommendation letters for students I needed to get out, and c) two exams to my secretary so she could dress them up and get them to the graphics center.

I guess perhaps in terms of being a "robot", I meant I was feeling rather efficient in my efforts and not so particularly expository.

PipeTobacco
http://frumpyprofessor.blogspot.com

Friday, 25 May, 2012  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Makes sense to me.

Saturday, 26 May, 2012  
Blogger austere said...

PT, Trust all is well. You've been quite a while.

austere

Tuesday, 29 May, 2012  
Blogger austere said...

typo- quiet.

Tuesday, 29 May, 2012  
Anonymous back pain treatment nj said...

I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles.

Thursday, 15 November, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home