The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, June 22, 2012

.
The Return



My sincere apologies to everyone for the long interval between posts.   My absence was caused by a synergistic set of circumstances that kept me from being able to post:

1.  Catastrophic failure of my computer at the U.   This did not allow me to communicate with you as I normally do, and it also created quite a panic in me about getting my research talk out of the machine and also to get it finished. 

2.  I had to work on a open lab computer to finish my work research talk once I got it out of my broken machine, and unfortunately the open lab access was exceptionally limited as it was because the U is refurbishing 2/3 of the labs on campus, so the open labs that remain (in their old state) are in exceptional demand.

3.  Unfortunately (yes, Billy will be aggravated by this) my computer at home... I still have not sat down and fixed the damnable modem issues I had.  I really do need to do this, and in hindsight I wish I HAD fixed it already, for I could have simply worked at home instead of in the student labs and saved myself a lot of headaches. 

4.  By the time I finished the talk, I had to be on my way to the research meeting, where I have been since the 14th.  I just returned yesterday, and today is my first day back at the U. 

Happily, they fixed up my computer while I was away and now I am once again able to write.  So, again, I do offer my sincere apologies.  In my next essay, I will tell you about some of the highlights of my trip!

PipeTobacco


3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

You haven't fixed the machine at home yet? Well, I am surrounded by fucking idiots, some of them well educated and well paid. :-)

I have a notebook I can use if the desktop takes a crap, but I don't much like the small screen on it.

Friday, 22 June, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

And why did you post a picture of Bronisław Geremek instead of yourself? Hell, the man is deader than a doornail.

Friday, 22 June, 2012  
Blogger austere said...

This list of excuses is so pokey it gets a D.
Hrrmph.

Tuesday, 26 June, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home