The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, December 21, 2012

Weather Determines Whether



A winter storm is hovering around in my neck of the woods.  Depending upon how the storm plays out, I may be able to go visit my elderly father-in-law, or I may not.  If the snow is mild and the roads reasonably clear, I will go.  If it is heavier and the roads are more deeply covered, I will stay home. 

In the balance is whether or not today will be a "special occasion pipe smoking event" for me.  If I go, it will be.  If I do not go, I cannot really justify it as a "special occasion" and therefore I should refrain.... to refrain in that circumstance is the CORRECT thing for me to do in my goal to become the "special occasion pipe smoker" that I want to be. 

Now, if I do stay home, I know it will be a bit rough for me, as I was looking forward to the event.  I know I will have more of a challenge than usual in terms of refraining. 

I hope that the weather is decent enough that I can go.

PipeTobacco

Today's (Friday's) Goal = 0 or 2 bowls (weather dependant)
Yesterday's (Thursday's) Goal = 0 bowls

Actual consumption (Thurssday) = 0 bowls

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

When the weather outside is frightful I like to hide in my cave and drink beer. :-)

Friday, 21 December, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home