The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Commercial 



I have never tried to do this before, but this video so fits my sense of humor, that I was rolling around on the floor laughing so hard when I first viewed this, that I felt it valuable enough to share.  As most of you know, I do not really give a damn about football.  So, the "Super" Bowl was not high on my priority list of things to do last Sunday.  But, I do enjoy creativity, and I do enjoy some forms of humor.  So, usually I will go and look at some of the commercials that are aired during the "Super" Bowl, because they are often fun.  Well, fun is what I was expecting, but I was not anticipating a commercial that would hit damn near every facet of both of my funny bones and have me guffawing robustly.

To me, the humor that is important to me stems from a) the gentle, unassuming, bearded "Doritos guy" who finds it remarkable that he found a pet that likes Doritos like he does, b) the large stockpile of Doritos the fellow has on hand, and c) his initial willingness to share.  The rest of the video is great, of course, but is the set-up that offers the real humor for me.  An added bonus that ties in the end scene, however, is that (and I did not notice this during my first viewing) was that the prior owner had a neck brace and crutches, which now is undoubtably due to the angry pygmy goat.  

Many of you probably already have seen this commerical, but even if you have, it is well worth viewing again.
PipeTobacco

Today's (Wednesday's) Goal = 0 bowls  
Tuesday's [2/5] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Tuesday) = 2 bowls


Walking Day 1599 / SOPS Day 0

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I don't watch football so never saw any of the commercials, I was reading a good book. Didn't find that commercial funny but I suppose that's just me.

Hope you get your goal of O bowls today.

Wednesday, 06 February, 2013  
Blogger BBC said...

What is really hard for me is to not smoke that first bowl in the morning after getting up.

Wednesday, 06 February, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home