The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Firesign Theater






I am not sure if any of you would even be familiar with this comedy group or not, but for me it was a favorite that I greatly enjoyed during my college years (especially graduate school).  In some ways, this group was considered an American version of "Monty Python" but was a little bit edgier and a bit more controversial.  I used to have a few of their long form shows on LP and listened to them and laughed and laughed.  I think I may perhaps order a CD again.  Here are my favorites:

How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You're Not Anywhere at All


I Think We are All Bozos On This Bus

Anyone else familiar with these guys?  Or are they too unknown and perhaps too archaic for you here?  They are truly wonderful if you want to give them a try.  I think I will go order the CDs now. 

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

Not at all familiar with them, but listening to humorous stuff like this is a sure-fire way to lift your spirits.

Thursday, 11 April, 2013  
Blogger BBC said...

Don't recall ever hearing of them, have heard of Monty Python but don't know crap about him/it either.

I'll take some Johnny Cash.

Thursday, 11 April, 2013  
Blogger BBC said...

I'm the bus driver. :-)

Thursday, 11 April, 2013  
Blogger billy pilgrim said...

i back from the shadows again.

Thursday, 11 April, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home