The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Record?

I am being only a little facetious when I say the title above. I am again feeling a general sense of calmness and well-being. This is a very nice start of the semester. Classes were fun and enjoyable no major problems have arisen.  As I sit here ruminating with a pipe and typing away, I feel at peace.  It is wonderful.  Hey question I will pose, is, what is the actual chemical contaminant that was released in West Virginia waterways?  I have not had enough time to investigate and figure it out yet. The news reports that I have heard have not mentioned the actual chemical by name. It will be interesting to know what the chemical is, for it could be something worth investigating in my research, at least in a small student project.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger thimscool said...

SciAm's take.

Wednesday, 15 January, 2014  
Blogger BBC said...

4-methylcyclohexane methanol....

But I'm not enough of a scientist to know what that is.

Thursday, 16 January, 2014  
Blogger BBC said...

What is important to me is that you should always have some backup water on hand cuz you just never know what may happen to your local water supply.

Thursday, 16 January, 2014  
Blogger thimscool said...

Word.

Thursday, 16 January, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home