The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Gripe


I just wanted to briefly mention a significant irritant to me that has evolved over the last 25 years or so.  It is show very well in the above "Suburban" vehicle.  It is the damn tinting of the windows.  I know that at least in some parts of the US there are laws the supposedly "regulate" the level of tinting allowed on windows.  But, at least in my neck of the woods, they either are non-existent or ignored. 

Why does tinting (even "modest" amounts) bother me?  Well, the reason is that for me, I value seeing ahead of me while driving.  When a vehicle with tinting is ahead of me, especially the larger vehicles (trucks, Suburbans, SUVs etc), there is often no damn way to view through these windows to have any sort of idea of what is ahead on the road. 

It is rather annoying that virtually every vehicle now has at least SOME tinting on the windows.  When I purchased my last vehicle, it took a helluva lot of looking to find one with as minimal a tinting as possible. 

I wish we would go back to a time when vehicle windows were clear, and folks could see through them.  It used to be like this.  Progress and change can be a good thing.  But in this case, there is no REAL value and a HELLUVA LOT of difficulty associated with this change to having most every car and truck have at least a moderate amount of tinting. 

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I hate tinted windows.....

Wednesday, 17 December, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home