The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, April 03, 2015

Good Friday

With today being good Friday, I had (many weeks ago) envisioned myself being in the same sort of frame of mind I was last Good Friday, where I had just completed 6 weeks of smoking my pipe ONLY once or twice on a Friday after having a few drinks, but NO OTHER TIME during the week.   I had hoped that would be the start of a new pattern in my life, but unfortunately following Lent it was short lived. 

Well, my plan to fast this Lent never took off the ground.  I am still smoking my pipe like usual.  But, I seriously think I should change this.  But, I very literally do not seem to have the gumption, guts, or willingness to make a go of it. 

The fact that I am so damn lazy and unwilling to work to accomplish quitting or going back to only 1 or 2 pipes while drinking is something I feel is rather pathetic and I am not proud of. 

I will see if I can come up with some way to do it.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

We lack the will power to lick a bad habit.

Friday, 03 April, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home