The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

17, 1000, 3000+

It is 17 degrees as I sit outside letting the dog do her "business" while I have a pipe after finishing my run.  I just hit the milestone of running over 1000 miles since I started running sometime in June last year.  Running 1000 miles may not be a whole helluva lot for some folks, but I am damn amazed that I did it!!!!  It feels really good.  My resting heat rate now is at 55, and when I finnished my run, I have it at 140.  That is about right for getting maximum cardiovascular benefit. I have about 3100 days of walking/or running every day without missing a day now.  I will figure out the exact number and post it soon.  With the below freezing temperatures, my hand are getting damn cold, so I am going to close the laptop now and head in to shower and get ready to head to the U for work.  The dog's "business is steaming on the ground now and I am going to wait until later when it is frozen to pick it up.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Congratulations on those achievements!
Steaming pile - hand warmer?

Wednesday, 22 March, 2017  
Blogger BBC said...

Keep up the good work. It's running in the 80's here.

Wednesday, 22 March, 2017  
Blogger Forsythia said...

I am SO impressed, esp. when you you say you just got back from a run in 17-degree weather.

Wednesday, 22 March, 2017  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Freeze-dried turds sound like the least malignant form of excrement.

Wednesday, 22 March, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home