The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Beautiful Morning

It is an immensely pleasant and beautiful 50 degrees Farenheit (10 degrees Celcius) here at 7:15am!!!   I truly believe that Spring may have arrived!  My 5 mile run this morning was so very pleasant as well!  I pushed my heart rate and it was at 150 when I checked it at the finish.  I knew and was purposefully pushing myself on this run because it felt good and I do want to try to get stronger.  My resting pulse this morning when I awoke was 54, so that too was nice!  

My elderly father-in-law is STILL in the hospital, which is sad, but he is getting stronger.  We are hoping he may go home within a week.  

My wife and I have been watching a show called "This is Us" on On Demand, and we are glad we started watching it.  We do not really watch much television, perhaps if we are lucky, one hour a day.  But, this show is exceptionally well done, and is a really creative and nice take on gamy life and family dynamics.  It is really the only true drama we watch lately.  

We went to see "The Zookeeper's Wife" this weekend at the theater.  It was beautiful, tragic, and immensely well done.  It was about a Polish Zookeeper that ended up saving around 300 Jewish folks in Warsaw during the Nazi occupation.  The film really put into perspective how silly and foolish most of our modern "problems" are.  

I am finishing my first pipe of the day as I type this, and my dog has done her "business" as well.  So, I should probably head inside and shower and head off to the U.  

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

A very wise remark about the problems of today compared with the problems of yesteryear, Professor. As for dog poop, is that technically a problem at all?

Tuesday, 25 April, 2017  
Blogger Sharon said...

That's a long time for you FIL to be hospitalized. I hope he is healthy soon and you and he can spend your time on the porch again.

Tuesday, 25 April, 2017  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Hoping your FIL is home soon.

Wednesday, 26 April, 2017  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I love this is us..sooo much..
and going to try and watch zookeeper this weekend.

Thursday, 27 April, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home