The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Do I?

I am contemplating quitting my pipe tobacco "cold turkey" as the saying goes. Perhaps I shall do so.  But I worry about becoming an angry idiot during the refraining.  I also worry about failing.  I also worry about the discomfort.  But, I think I may go this route.  Heaven help me if I do.    And my wife, and my kids, and the folks at the U.  I should be damn well strong enough to do this.  But, I fear I am not.   I should be strong enough to do this with grace and a calm demeanor and a gentle heart.  But I fear I may not be strong enough to be this way.  

If I quit, how long will it take to not be a constant struggle to stay away?  How long will the pipe keep calling me back, and how long will I need to resist that call before it leaves me?  

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Wear the shirt. Get into a support group. Warn people. You can do it. (If you stumble and fall - try again, but don't count on stumbling)

Tuesday, 20 June, 2017  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

I suggest you start by going through a ritual involving self hypnosis. Make your brain feel a change has occurred that makes pipe smoking a habit of ths past. Good luck, Professor!

Wednesday, 21 June, 2017  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

I suggest you start by going through a ritual involving self hypnosis. Make your brain feel a change has occurred that makes pipe smoking a habit of ths past. Good luck, Professor!

Wednesday, 21 June, 2017  
Blogger Jane said...

my dad is 80 years old.he quit smoking in his late twenties and says he still craves a smoke every once in awhile. my sister quit smoking 20 years ago and says she never thinks about it.I quit for 18 months and wanted a smoke every single day.

Wednesday, 21 June, 2017  
Blogger BBC said...

You will always crave it.... Go on a camping trip alone and don't take any with you.

Wednesday, 21 June, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home